Welcome to the Austin Chapter of Romance Writers of America®. Our mission is to support our members on their romance writing journeys and in their publishing careers. We accomplish this through craft and industry programs and through manuscript critiques. We hope you will find these offerings valuable in advancing your career and improving your writing skills.
Benefits of Joining ARWA
- Monthly meetings
- Manuscript critique groups
- Chapter sponsored workshops
- Writing retreats
- Private email loop for asking questions
- Facebook and Twitter accounts to update members on chapter happenings
- A very active, supportive and knowledgeable membership
- Access to our extensive library which includes member’s novels as well as craft writing books
Cost of Joining ARWA
Our membership calendar year runs from November 1 – October 31st. Membership is $40/year from November to May. Anyone joining after May 1 pays $20 for the remaining calendar year ending October 31st.
How to Join ARWA
We invite you to attend two of our monthly meetings before making a decision! All members are required to join Romance Writers of America® in order to join a local chapter and can do so online via the previous link or by contacting them at the corporate offices. After joining RWA you can Join ARWA.
Romance Writers of America
14615 Benfer Road
Houston, Texas 77069
Once you’ve joined the National chapter, you may join ARWA by paying online.