Benefits of Joining Austin RWA
Are you just starting out as a writer? Are you struggling to take your writing to the next level? Are you a seasoned best-seller preparing to release your thirtieth book? Wherever you are in your writing career, Austin Romance Writers of America is dedicated to supporting you as you pursue your writing goals. Members of ARWA all have one thing in common: we love to read and write romance. But that’s not all we share. Within the group, we share our experiences, business savvy and knowledge of the industry. Most importantly, we’re all part of an invaluable network of support, information and encouragement.
Nearly twenty-five percent of current ARWA members are actively published in romance and women’s fiction. In the past, many of our talented members have generously shared their time and experience with the group. Check out Our Writers page to find a list of our talented writers.
Now is a great time to join ARWA! We have an exciting year planned — take a look at our upcoming events.
Benefits of membership include:
- Monthly Meetings – Our monthly meetings offer the chance to socialize with other writers, get the latest industry buzz and generally have a good time. Our meetings are also invaluable educational opportunities, offering everything from guest speakers to panels to hands-on workshops. Check out the Meetings page for a glimpse at what we’ve got in store this year.
- Special Events – We have a variety of special events each year, including retreats and special in demand guest speakers. Past speakers have include industry greats such as Damon Suede, Michael Hauge and Margie Lawson!
- Library – We have an extensive library filled with reference books, workshop recordings, novels and more. Items are available for checkout at monthly meetings.
- Private Discussion Groups – We share information almost daily through our private Google and Facebook Discussion Groups. After joining, you will receive invitations to join!
Already published by an RWA-recognized publisher? ARWA is dedicated to helping you promote your book to the people who matter most: romance readers, industry professionals and booksellers.
- AustinRWA.org – Our Web site is a great way to get out information about your latest releases and book signings. Plus you can have a link directly to your personal Web site.
- Annual Retreats – We have two Annual Retreats for members to gather in a writer friendly environment, learn a little from our mini courses or just use the time to write that next best seller.
- ARWA PAN – Our Published Author Network is great for networking. In addition to sharing information and encouragement, we participate in events to promote our authors.
- ARWA PRO – Our PRO Network of authors are those who have finished a manuscript according to RWA guidelines. We offer meetings and a message board specific to the needs of unpublished or soon to be published authors working toward publication.
Whether you’re just beginning to dabble in writing or busy polishing your umpteenth RITA winner, Austin RWA could be the perfect organization for you. Austin RWA provides a knowledgeable, fun and supportive community for romance writers who want to learn more about the craft and business of writing romance. Writing may be a solitary pursuit, but you don’t have to go it alone.